Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Share | 

Catfish Hunter!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonLin94

PostSubject: Catfish Hunter!   Sat May 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Hey guys! I know this isn't really South Jersey, but just a quick report on my Friday evening outing. Hit the water about 5:30pm. Hooked up a monster flathead cat in the Phoenixville area of the Schuylkill River, PA. Weighed in at 38 pounds! Believe it or not, these size catfish and larger are fairly common in the Schuylkill. Its reported that the stretch of river between Phoenixville and Norristown holds the largest fish in Pennsylvania.

My bait was a live sunfish. Yep, a sunfish, witch I caught beforehand with a meal worm. Put him on a big hook with a 30 lb. test braid, threw him out there and let him swim around. Took about 30 minutes, then kaboom! I had to paddle to shore so I could land him. If I tried to fight and land him on the yak I would have drifted 5 miles down river! Once I got to shore took about 8 minutes to land him. Great fight, great time!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Catfish Hunter!   Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:00 pm

NICE Fish!!!

Back to top Go down

Catfish Hunter!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1