Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
akozols intro The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

akozols intro

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akozols

akozols

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi All,

Here's my official introduction. I'm 47 and have enjoyed fishing all my life. My Dad used to take me fishing all the time, both fresh and salt water. Once I hit my twentys and had my own car, I was the one to take him fishing. I bought a 14' v-hull bass boat 14 years ago and for the first 5 years I used it strictly for freshwater. I then started taking it out for saltwater trips and now use it for both.

Two years ago, I got my yak and it opened up a whole new world of enjoyment. I use the yak to catch freshwater bass at different reseviors and rivers. I also drift the back bays for fluke during the day and at night fish the bridges.

This year was a shortened fishing season for me. I was diagnosed with rectal and liver cancer in the Fall and due to the side effects of the chemo, couldn't be out in temps below 60 degrees or I would get intense pins and needles. Right now treatment is going well and I'm planned to have surgery in March. Hopefully I'll be healed up enough to start yakkin in late spring, early Summer.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and finding some new fishing spots.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Hey akozols,

I'm very sorry to hear the news. I hope that after March you will be on the mend and we can finally
set a trip that one of us won't need to cancel. We had 2 each this year I think I remember.

BTW I spoke with Fred at No Bones, he's a go for opening day fluke tourney. Salty Dogs playin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
fish2xs

fish2xs

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 pm

Akozols, sorry to hear about your health issues. I've been helping my mom with similar issues for the last few years...it's a bummer. I know your name from another site. I'm not that far from you if/when you you want to get out and fish. I was talking to a guy that claims he catches big stripers at the art museum on the river(philly). I'm hoping that its true for a quick fix in the spring.

Last edited by fish2xs on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
akozols

akozols

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am

Hey Guys, thanks for the concern. Hopefully by late Spring I'll be back on the water again and fishing with you guys.

I'm pretty sure the Salty Dogs are confirmed for the No Bones tournament. Do you think there's going to be a yak catagory in the tourney? If so, I might enter and do some fishing before the gig.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 pm

There will be a yak division again this year. I competed in the two previous years.
I will get the info up asap. For now,

No Bones Fluke Tourney held on openong day in Wildwood area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
waterbug

waterbug

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Al hope to see you out there this year missed meeting up with ya the last couple of years. you always seem to have ended up on top of the bridge instead of underneath where the fish are.
Back to top Go down
akozols

akozols

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 am

This year I'm going to make up for all the times I couldn't make it out last year. I'm also going to find different launching spots so that no matter what direction the wind is blowing, I can find some calmer, protected waters.
Back to top Go down
waterbug

waterbug

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:57 pm

thats the spirit. Lookin forward to meeting up with you.
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 pm

x2 ,, guys it should be a hell of a year,,lookin forward to fishin with all of you :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

akozols intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: akozols intro   akozols intro Empty

Back to top Go down

akozols intro
Page 1 of 1