Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Share | 

Hello from Long Island

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captiva

PostSubject: Hello from Long Island   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Hey, everyone. I am a member of the KFA-NY up on Long Island. I noticed your club on the tournament section of KFA-NY regarding the Cape May tournament. I also saw that you guys entered a couple of teams in Kayak Wars.

I am an avid kayak fisherman and often travel to fish. I would love to fish Cape May someday and wanted to join the club in case I ever make a trip to your area.

I'm sure I've met some of you guys over the years at JBAY or the Striper Shootout.

In any event, I look forward to contributing to the website. If you ever need any information about fishing Long Island, please don't hesitate to ask me.

- Pat Gallagher
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Long Island   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Glad you're here Pat! The fish are finally starting to show up down here and hopefully we'll have enough time with them
to at least catch up to you guys in Kayak Wars. We post or outings and they are always open invite. Feel free to jump
right in. Carl4X4 and GeprgeD are planning to head down shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
clamboni

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Long Island   Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 am

Pat......Welcome.

I've seen your handle around a few places and it's good to have you here. It seems you're one hell of a fisherman. If you want to save yourself a half hour driving and fish the Atlantic city area instead of Cape May let me know. I don't have a whole lot of time to put in but I have a few spots I wouldn't mid sharing............and a couple I wouldn't mind sharing with someone that's a few hours away.

I pretty much only fish at night and near bridges BTW.

What area of LI are you from? I have family in Oceanside.........I'd actually love to have some info on that area........Probably better off around there than here for the next couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
Captiva

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Long Island   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Clamboni - sorry to reply to this post so late, I haven't been on the boards for quite a while.

Thanks for the compliment - you are very kind.

In terms of Oceanside, my wife grew up there and her parents still live there, so I am very familiar with it. We live in Garden City now.

The closest waters to Oceanside are Reynolds Channel / Jones Inlet. The fishing there is pretty good, but maybe the worst fishing of any of the south shore bays - I target blues there after work during the summer, and it also produces some nice fluke. If you fish it at night, you can do very well for stripers in the marshes from June to October. Now, the fishing there is slow. I haven't fished there since the beginning of September. I was told that it produced some big stripers last weekend though.

My fishing efforts have been focused on the western Long Island Sound for a few weeks now, targeting our local resident Hudson River stripers.

Shoot me a PM if you ever want to fish anyplace on LI. I can either meet you to fish or lead you in the right direction in terms of launches, fishing areas, etc.

Our fishery starts up in the beginning of April and goes until Thanksgiving. I do some winter fishing from the kayak too in Conneticut for wintering stripers in some of the tidal rivers along the western sound.

I may take you up on your offer for fishing around Atlantic City too - it is a place that I always wanted to fish.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Long Island   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Long Island
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1