Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Share | 

daily double

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yaknfool

PostSubject: daily double   Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Fished the manasquan at first light 11-21-10. Paddled out nice and casual in spite of seeing lots of bird activity. Big mistake. When I got to the main channel it was already Game On. Bass were feasting on what turned out to be the smallest sand eels I've ever seen, 4" long and thinner than a pencil. In spite of not 'matching the hatch' I landed 4 from 21-32" on a skitterwalk in 30 minutes. Did my best to screw up the whole morning, one mistake after another. Should have caught twice as many fish but it was still awesome to finally hit a blitz! Switched over to Tog at the slack and had fish almost immediately. The bite really got solid when the current started moving. Caught 10 with only 3 being under 14". Left them biting. Pix to follow.
Back to top Go down
yaknfool

PostSubject: Re: daily double   Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:49 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: daily double   Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:01 am

Helluva day! Congrats! Rock On2
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Captiva

PostSubject: Re: daily double   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 am

Great catch - you have been on fire this fall. How come you are on a Pirates of Lynnhaven team on Kayak Wars?
Back to top Go down
yaknfool

PostSubject: Re: daily double   Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 pm

I asked the admin to place me on a team for this last month (I just joined) so I could work out the 'bugs' of logging pix, etc.. I"ll be on a jersey team for 2011. You New York guys killed it this year! I was wondering why I was having such a slow fall this year until I saw the kayak wars site, you guys nailed all the fish before they could get back to Jersey! I couldn't buy a bass in Sept/Oct but my last couple trips have have been good.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: daily double   Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:50 pm

In order to keep up with those guys, we're going to need a plan and to fish as hard as they do. I know a lot of those guys, and
they are die-hard yakkers with some serious skills. We might need to Nancy Karrigan them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Captiva

PostSubject: Re: daily double   Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:16 pm

I think that you guys are going to narrow the gap big time over the next several weeks. Thanks for the compliment. It isn't really us as much as it is the fishery. Long Island is unique in the fact that we get both Chesapeake and Hudson striped bass - the Hudson bass don't migrate as far down as Cape May for the most part - you guys are more dependent on the spring and fall migrations of Chesapeake bass - our Hudson fish are essentially residents and don't travel too far, so we have good fishing from April to December, although it slows in late-October.

The Hudson and Chesapeake stocks mix-in at Jamaica Bay in the spring, creating the perfect storm.

We have some winter fisheries in close proximity too in Connecticut - Housatonic and Thames River, so as long as we don't have a winter like last year or the year before, we can get our striper fix pretty much year round.

I wouldn't mind trading some stripers for some of the black drum that you have! Those are a great fish - caught a few over the years down in Florida.

Do any of you guys ever target them in that spring run in Deleware Bay? That run is famous up here.
Back to top Go down
clamboni

PostSubject: Re: daily double   Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 am

I need to get myself a waterproof camera.......mine's expensive and no waterproof, i'm hesitant to take it out over and over again, especially when ti gets choppy.......the last two nights fishing I could easily have had 30 bass pics on there..........it sucks. The picture part of it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Captiva

PostSubject: Re: daily double   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:41 am

Quote :
I need to get myself a waterproof camera.......mine's expensive and no waterproof, i'm hesitant to take it out over and over again, especially when ti gets choppy.......the last two nights fishing I could easily have had 30 bass pics on there..........it sucks. The picture part of it anyway.

I did that last year with a my other camera - took a big risk - not only for dropping it into the water, but rust from the salt air and dampness - I got a waterproof camera last spring - pretty expensive Fuji - didn't tie any float to it (the one I bought didn't fit) - caught a 34" bass at the Jamaica Bay tournament and it flopped on my lap, hit my arm with its tail, I dropped the camera into the water - gone for good.

After, I bought a waterproof Pentax that was much cheaper and I have been very, very happy with it. It was around $150. I got it on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: daily double   

Back to top Go down

daily double
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1