Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Fish are warming up The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Fish are warming up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spinfisherbob

Spinfisherbob

Fish are warming up Empty
PostSubject: Fish are warming up   Fish are warming up EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/spinfisherbob?feature=mhum
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Fish are warming up   Fish are warming up EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Way to go Bob! I hope to catch up with you before we head to JBay. Are you in you usual honey hole?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Spinfisherbob

Spinfisherbob

PostSubject: South Jersey Honey Hole   Fish are warming up EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Chris, I have a two year average going...81 trips, trip = 4 hours plus/minus....I am catching 1 bass every 4 miles, the exception being when I find them schooled hard when I might get 3 or 4 without moving....But for the most part I cover water till I find a biter . This pic was 3 miles from wher I caught him. It is tough on this Kayak Wars stuuf...I have a hard time getting a picture on open water...can't see the whole fish or organize it to lay one out on a ruller...This fish was a 33" Male...I released a 38" female about 20 min. earlier ..GOt video, but the Gopro Cams don't have a date stamp....I figure something out...I don't want to kill egg laden females...the bucks is another story,
Back to top Go down
clamboni

PostSubject: Re: Fish are warming up   Fish are warming up EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Spinfisherbob wrote:
It is tough on this Kayak Wars stuuf...I have a hard time getting a picture on open water...can't see the whole fish or organize it to lay one out on a ruller...

Isn't the mirage drive a pain in the ass when you're trying to take a pic of a fish and a ruler at the same time? All while trying to make sure the fish lays right on said ruler.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Fish are warming up   Fish are warming up EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:12 am

For picture taking I do two things. If the fish is under 30 inches, I lay my paddle (with measure tape on it) across my lap with the fish and shoot. I hold the camera up over my head to get it all. It doesn't matter where the fish is on the measure either. As long as the fish goes from 4" to 34" people will know its a 30" fish. Trying to get a fish to lay quietly right at the -0- mark on your measure is a P.I.T.A.

If the fish is over 30 inches or full of eggs, I'll use that goofy crate I carry with me. It works like a charm. It fully supports the fish while I dehook, take a pic and release unharmed. The crate is perfect for the trophy fish that you don't want to harm. he crate also has a tape on it for measuring the fish in it.

I have plenty of UV an waterproof tapes that go to 48" in you guys need them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Spinfisherbob

Spinfisherbob

PostSubject: Paddle tape   Fish are warming up EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:22 pm

I put the tape measure on the wrong side of the paddle so when I let go of the paddle to hold the fish , The paddle rolls over...duh. How do you use the crate? Put it in your lap?
Back to top Go down
clamboni

PostSubject: Re: Fish are warming up   Fish are warming up EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Spinfisherbob wrote:
I put the tape measure on the wrong side of the paddle so when I let go of the paddle to hold the fish , The paddle rolls over...duh. How do you use the crate? Put it in your lap?
LOL I could see that as one of those loop replay avatars.......but you wouldn't have to loop it, jsut keep shooting. Sorry, funny picture in my head.

Laying fish across lap is no problem in warmer months, I'm scared to put a fin spine through my drysuit. One thing i figured out is if I push one pedal forward and put the head end of my board up there, I can put the fish on the board and kind of slide him head first right down the board. The pedal shaft helps guide his head where I need it without hurting the fish. Usually works OK but sometimes when they flop it's a long process and they take a little bit of a beating.
Back to top Go down
Spinfisherbob

Spinfisherbob

PostSubject: Measuring board   Fish are warming up EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I need to make a proper measuring device, with a stop for her nose and a gutter to craddle the fish...NMFS style
Back to top Go down
clamboni

PostSubject: Re: Fish are warming up   Fish are warming up EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Spinfisherbob wrote:
I need to make a proper measuring device, with a stop for her nose and a gutter to craddle the fish...NMFS style

I was thinking of a split length of 6" PVC pipe, with a piece of PVC trim board cemented to the end. Maybe even split the pipe in thirds. PVC cement works on the expanded foam boards just like on pipe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fish are warming up   Fish are warming up Empty

Back to top Go down

Fish are warming up
Page 1 of 1