Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
first triggers The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

first triggers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yaknfool

yaknfool

first triggers Empty
PostSubject: first triggers   first triggers EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:09 am

Tried two new things this morning: my new manta 14' and triggerfishing. Was questioning my odds after picking up what turned out to be the nastiest, rancid clams I've ever purchased. Fished the small groins in Bay Head. Ten minutes on first one-nada. Second one had surffisherman, paddled to third. Within a few minutes felt the taps of a very small fish. Clam was removed from all three hooks. Rebait and there he was, my first trigger. Caught a second a few minutes later. Being sunday, the surf started getting crowded with surf fishermen, and of course they all want to set up near the jettys, so I called it an early day. Will try for fluke tomorrow morning for a few hours. Pics on KW site
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

first triggers Empty
PostSubject: Re: first triggers   first triggers EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:22 pm

New machine??? Very Happy Awesome! Way to Christen it with a couple of big Triggers!!! Conrrats. Very Happy I have been giving up a lot of time to find Triggers and Sheepshead lately. There are so many of them around that people are almost complaining about them and I couldn't find 'em. Slappy and I found them on Fri and I didn't have the right hooks to fish for them. The story of my life "Murphy's Law meets Mayhem".
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
yaknfool

yaknfool

first triggers Empty
PostSubject: Re: first triggers   first triggers EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Chris, there have been lots of reports of triggers up by me lately, but only a few reports of sheep. The sheep are on the Barnegat Inlet jetty. I'm going to try for mutton there soon, but if I dont find them, my next stop will be down by you. Are you hearing about alot of sheep down there, or are they 'incidentals'? Maybe we can team up on them later in the month. I think the peak is around the end of August in nj. Lost one at the boat in va beach last sept. I promised myself I'd get one in 2011. If it picks up by me I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

first triggers Empty
PostSubject: Re: first triggers   first triggers EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:05 pm

The reports have been pretty steady. There are a couple of back water guides down this way that have them dialed in. These guys can fish their asses off too. Every time I fish the area for them I catch a ton of trash fish. I'll see what I can find out. I will be fishing hard this month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Sponsored content

first triggers Empty
PostSubject: Re: first triggers   first triggers Empty

Back to top Go down

first triggers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing :: THE SANDBAR....WHERE YAKKERS MEET-UP :: FISHING REPORTS-
Jump to: