Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spinfisherbob

Spinfisherbob

Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment Empty
PostSubject: Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment   Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:45 am

I am a candidate for an MAFAC appointment this month. If successful I plan to ask for your support in providing the National Marine Fisheries service with information about our sport. The need for quality information about fisheries is great. This is the trend statement for this year report.

TREND: DEMANDS WILL INCREASE FOR ADDITIONAL DATA AND SCIENCE NECESSARY TO SUPPORT ECOSYSTEM-BASED MANAGEMENT. Humans are components of the ecosystems they inhabit and use. Their actions on land and in the oceans measurably affect ecosystems, and changes in ecosystems subsequently affect humans. Understanding and modeling this cycle of sustainability of fisheries and ecosystems at an acceptable level of certainty requires a much broader understanding of appropriate and effective science than has been encompassed by traditional, single-species fishery management. Ecosystem research and analyses will increasingly form the basis for new analytical models and assessments of the factors that influence ecosystem status, and predict environmental and social impacts of various management approaches. Using these tools, techniques, and ecosystem indicators, NOAA Fisheries and state and regional management partners will simultaneously be considering multiple objectives, identifying risk factors and uncertainty, and forecasting the cumulative environmental impact of policy choices.

I am testing our communities waters for concerns and comments.

This year is to me a milestone for fisheries management. Over the last 30 years fisheries policy has been based on Biomass and recruitment capacity estimates vs total fishing effort. Limits and closures were established on a fish by fish basis and did not account for forage species or natural degradation like the loss of marshland spawning areas from storms. Ecosystem Based Management seeks to develop a truer picture of our fisheries that includes all of the forces that shape the populations.

What are your feelings ? I believe we Kayak Fishers are one of the most Ecologically sensitive users of our natural resources.

Sustainable fisheries should be our common goal and I hope to bring our collective voice to the table here in the Mid-Atlantic region

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/spinfisherbob?feature=mhum
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment   Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:27 pm

You've got my full support Bob! Let me know if I can help in any way!!! Up at NEKF right now. More to follow when I have more time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Spinfisherbob

Spinfisherbob

PostSubject: Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment   Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks Chris, Here is some info on the committees mission.

The Marine Fisheries Advisory Committee (MAFAC) advises the Secretary of Commerce on all living marine resource matters under the purview of the Department of Commerce. MAFAC members evaluate and assess national programs, recommend priorities, and provide their views on future directions. MAFAC members have a wide range of expertise, including but not limited to, commercial and recreational fishing, aquaculture, seafood processing, seafood marketing and sales, consumer interests, coastal communities, and environmental advocacy. MAFAC was established in 1970 to serve as a federal advisory body, complying fully with the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment   Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Bob, if you get elected, maybe you could get the committee to stop sending me anti-whaling laws for my bait net license. They are concerned that I'll keep by-catch whales in my 150' seine net. LOL!!! I get 4 notices a year!

All kidding aside, it's well informed anglers like yourself that should sit on the committee. Good luck!

Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Spinfisherbob

Spinfisherbob

PostSubject: Whaling   Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:38 am

Are they paper or e-mail? The Fed's have a paperwork reduction Act....United States Code, 44 U.S.C. ยง 3501. These policies were intended to reduce the total amount of paperwork handled by the United States government and the general public.

You know I am a straight shooter, But I will never reveal how many whales you do catch or where you catch them.
Back to top Go down
Spinfisherbob

Spinfisherbob

PostSubject: What does this mean to us?   Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Here is some bait for thought....

TREND: BASED ON STATUS OF STOCKS ASSESSMENTS, GLOBAL FISHERIES PRODUCTION WILL MOST LIKELY GROW SLOWLY, IF AT ALL, TO 2020.
Most assessments on the world-wide status of marine fisheries indicate that on a species by species level, most species considered have reached or are near maximum sustainable exploitation levels4. Thus, wild marine fisheries harvest which has peaked, at approximately 93 million tons per year on a worldwide basis5, should not be expected to grow significantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment   Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment Empty

Back to top Go down

Marine Fisheries Advisory Commitee (MAFAC) appointment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing :: THE SANDBAR....WHERE YAKKERS MEET-UP :: SANDBAR DISCUSSION-
Jump to: