Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
herder

herder

Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 Empty
PostSubject: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Sea Flea and I are looking at a trip to Sandy Hook, backside at Horseshoe Cove.
High is at 6:30am, sunrise at 7.
Plan is meet at 6:30 and be on the water for sunrise.
I know the Monmouth beach area frontside now is on fire.
It's a haul for you guys in South Jersey,but I'm just throwing it out there.
2 weeks ago there were big bunker there with good size blues on them, who knows what will happen cheers
Back to top Go down
SeaFlea

SeaFlea

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 pm

It will be an epic day!!!
gott damm I hope it's an epic day!!! Laughing

Hey, wait a minute herder... we're in Newfaulkin' Jersey!! Why the hell R U posting in this forum!!!
WTF
The term, "chooch", LEAPS to mind!!!
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:15 am

Good luck you fargin bastages! We're going to give the jetties a pounding this weekend. Just got home from LBI. Mullet Miller, Spinfisher Bob and I all struck out like the Phillies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
SeaFlea

SeaFlea

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:36 am

Damn, that sucks!!

Good luck on the jetties!

We'll try ta make ya proud dad!
Back to top Go down
herder

herder

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:07 am

Hmmmm, I forgot that you guys in the pines are not part of joisey. Whatever

Chooch Moon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Between the Phillies and yer dream football team youse guys are taking a beatin Push

Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:48 pm

We caught the crap outta Tog today. How'd you guys fair?
Back to top Go down
herder

herder

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Sunday the 9th were going out dar SJW, I know I spelled Sunday wrong in the title, but I couldn't edit it.
Sunday!Sunday!Sunday!

cheers
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:18 pm

GAWRSH!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
herder

herder

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:52 pm

First off the forecast was off a tad, bout 10-15 out of the NW in the morning, then we couldn't launch at Horseshoe Cove anyway as the lot was full at 6:30 am with Boy Scouts camping there.
Plan B, back to Lot C, fished to Skeleton Island, went back into Spermacetti Cove. Went through the cut to the ammo bunkers but it was too much wind and waves.
Big Zero for SeaFlea and I. Oh well. we'll get-em next time.
Didn't look like to much was going on out front too.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:48 pm

At least you got out! Didn't know boy scouts were driving these days???

Mullet-head Miller and I caught over 20 tog a piece on a super quick 2 hr tour at a local bridge. Most fish were in the 13"-14" range, although we did have some that score for Kayak Wars.
Back to top Go down
SeaFlea

SeaFlea

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Good to hear you caught!!!
The wind was a REAL killer; the waves in the Raritan were 2' on average with an occasional 3' mixed in just ta keep ya on your toes. We quickly found the safety & solitude of Spermaceti Cove. We did see a hawk, I think it might have been a Kestrel and a Osprey lookin' for lunch.
Otherwise all we came home with was
Back to top Go down
mullet miller
Admin
mullet miller

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Saturday I hit the beach kinda late after our skunkathon on the backside. Drove the sands for a while and ran into a couple buddies, one of which is a charter captain whom I've been fishing the surf with for close to twenty years now. He passed on some info of some albies off the beach, but they were hit or miss. Could be a mile off, could be 10 miles off.

There was a goodly amount of birdplay about a mile off the beach in a couple areas. I decided to surf launch and take a ride out and see what was happening. I soon found myself surrounded by birds and rainfish that were being blasted by thousands of 10-12" bluefish.....had a little fun on some metals with the blues and jigged an ava off the bottom hoping for something bigger lurking below..with no luck Had a fellow yakker out there for a little while but he soon grew weary of the smallish fish and headed in. I ventured further off shore ( about 2-3 miles) to check out some more birds working, but once again, all small blues on rain fish...... WTF ...that far off, I was sure it would be albies......

After a spectacular landing......did I ever tell you how I love the way Hobies handle in the surf! NOT!......I headed further south to check out Holgate...too pretty of a day and by mid afternoon, there were speedbumps lying all over the beach, so I bagged it for some quality beer drinking with pop at his place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9   Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandy Hook Sunay Oct 9
Page 1 of 1