Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Monday AM a first in the salt The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Monday AM a first in the salt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jusanglin

Monday AM a first in the salt Empty
PostSubject: Monday AM a first in the salt   Monday AM a first in the salt EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 pm

After a few freshwater trips, took the kayak on her maiden saltwater trip this morning. I have not really fished the back for stripers so it was a bit of a learning experience all the way around. Got on the water at sunup and paddled down some creeks. I casted topwater plugs along the sod banks and had some blow-ups but no takers. I paddled further back and was able to get 1 bluefish to take the plug (what a blast). Didn't get any striped ones today, but it was a great day to get more comfortable in the kayak. I especially wanted to see how she paddled in some wind and against the tide. She is not overly fast but I knew that and I was able to move into a ripping tide without too much trouble so that was a good thing. I did talk to another kayaker out there and he shared some good tips that I will try out next time out (thanks). All in all it was a fine day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joynj.org
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

Monday AM a first in the salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday AM a first in the salt   Monday AM a first in the salt EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Great report! This was an ideal weather window to get out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com

Monday AM a first in the salt
Page 1 of 1