Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: Empty
PostSubject: Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:   Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Made it out front this past Weekend....

And by "Big Dogs"......I mean BOATS....LOTS of them!!!

Launched into a bit bigger Surf than anticipated @ around 6:00 AM.....

Got out and began fishing just past the Break. Kept heading out until we crossed the 35 Ft. Slough and came back up onto the top of a small rise into about 24 Ft. when I started seeing Top-Water action.......10 or so casts and the first Fish of 30 In. is in the Bag......missed a couple more Hits just casting and keeping the Jig just below surface.

Scraper hooks into a HUGE Bluefish......I'm off to the side becoming the Dog-Fish King at this point....caught (6) through the whole outing.....

Little while later....I hook into a 28+ In. and Bag it....Limited out!!! Drop my jig over and WHAM......a 32 In. in the Bag.....

Revive the 28 In. I just bagged and off he goes with a SPLASH for his efforts.......So a 30" & a 32" are bagged and icing......Limited out by 8:00 AM...

I hook into a slammer Bluefish......couple more Dogs......the Wind starts shifting and the Tide is an hour or so off from beginning to move again with this New Moon.....so we called it around 9:30'ish...10:00ish???

Wasn't really payin' attention to much besides the BACKSIDE of those Waves crashing up on the Beach.....

Needless to say......I'm now a Crash-Test Dummy!!! Made it up on Sand only to get rolled over in front of the Beachcasters.......guy that watched us launch was still there.....he asked me "Was it worth it???"

No Gear lost......Reel went STRAIGHT to the Shop for cleaning....everything was leashed except my small Plano Tackle Box......which I recovered AFTER rolling my Outback....BACK onto it's belly and pulling it up outta' the Surf-Zone.....it wasn't the greatest launch site with the quick drop-off right at the shore-break!!! Live and learn!!!

Looking back on the way out:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looking NE at the Fleet:

Scraper due East:

Trolling along:

One in the Bag:

Scraper Bowed-up:

Breakfast of Champions:

The Pay-Off:
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:   Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Great report Mike! Glad you fellas found 'em!

I wanted to go into the rips in the worst way on Sat. The weather was perfect, but the boat traffic scared the hell out of me. HUNDREDS of boats runnin and gunnin and only 1/3 of them use their brains! We opted to hang inside and dial the Tog in. I hope to be out front on one of the local blitzes Sat and Sun. Maybe see you out there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:   Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:28 am

As of now it doesn't look like there'll be enough Westerly Wind to allow for a Surf-Launch....but it's still early.

If I go out front....it'll be off of LBI.....LOTTA' Fish up there with LOTS more further North into Monmouth Cty.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:   Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:34 am

I'm not familiar with the northern beaches, but I hear that its been red hot up there. Sometimes I don't play well with others and shoulder to shoulder would prolly be one of those times. LOL

This is the beach off the convent in Cape May Point. I plan to use this one to get out into the rips. The rips are less than a mile from here. I've scouted it a few times and its a deep water launch and doesn't seem to build in winds. Its a knee high break and that's it. Winds and the rips are what I want to be careful of!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:   Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 pm

I wouldn't say it was "shoulder to shoulder" out there Saturday......but you DEF had to be mindful of the Traffic.....

We had no "Close-Calls"!!!

What's your preferred Wind direction for that Launch to the Rips you're planning???????

Give a hollar when it's going down!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
waterbug

waterbug

PostSubject: Re: Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:   Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:08 pm

SJ Fish Whisperer wrote:
Great report Mike! Glad you fellas found 'em!

I wanted to go into the rips in the worst way on Sat. The weather was perfect, but the boat traffic scared the hell out of me. HUNDREDS of boats runnin and gunnin and only 1/3 of them use their brains! We opted to hang inside and dial the Tog in. I hope to be out front on one of the local blitzes Sat and Sun. Maybe see you out there?

I wanted to get out last week but got stuck working. If you go this week I would love to hook up with ya. A lot of the marinas closed down this past week and should cut down on the boat trafic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:   Runnin' with the BIG Dogs: Empty

Back to top Go down

Runnin' with the BIG Dogs:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing :: THE SANDBAR....WHERE YAKKERS MEET-UP :: FISHING REPORTS-
Jump to: