Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
"NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

"NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips

Go down 
+4
clamboni
capt. camo
LUNCHBOX
WURK2FISH
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

"NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips Empty
PostSubject: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:56 pm

A good "Adventurous" Fishin Trip that many Yakr's are heading out for each year lately is Kiptopeke Va. at the "Concrete Ships. An AWESOME Fishing trip to say the least for us to ponder for this coming year.....as we're now Snow-Bound!

I've personally made the trip down three times......twice in '08 and once in '09 where my Wife(KAYak) also made the trip. It's well worth the time and effort if you watch the Southern Water Temps, Reports and Weather starting in early December and plan to make your "Commando Run"!!! Here's our story from this past December '09 Trip with some '08/'09 pics included:

Here's "The Story"........six hours sleep Thursday night.........up @ 5:30 AM on Friday lookin' at the Weather Forecast.......iffy.......off to Work.......Wife checks Weather @ 10:00 AM and calls me @ Work on AM-Break! STILL IFFY but the Evening for Saturday looked HOPEFUL with SE Winds under 10 on one Site and around 11-12 Knt.s on another..............we're goin'!!! Left Work @ 11:00 AM........packing....Eels....dinner...etc., etc.! Lay'd down @ 6:00 PM and up @ 9:30 PM.........3 HOURS Sleep.........here we go COMMANDO!

Left the House @ 11:10 PM......get to Kipto in 4 Hours 50 Min.........in the Parking lot in the Park and staring at a Nasty Swell inside the Ships at around 4:30 AM..................(2) other Yakr's setting up to go.......(1) other in his Truck.....said he'd been there an hour and we took the walk over to the Rail....looked out......swell was subsiding........he packed-out and (3) went in @ around 5:00 AM.....wife and I set-up and got dressed.......swell dropping still but gonna be a RUFF AM Session!!!

Got out at before First-Light......fished Hard with Wind against Current the entire Morning.......1-3 Ft. Swells Runnin' right down the Southern Set of Ships all morning.....tuff Fishing with no results for us!!! Heard of (4) Fish caught......we saw one of em but couldn't see the Fish(Still Dark).....heard he took a 40 In. for his keeper and called it! We got the AM Skunk!!! Pulled out at around 8:45 and headed for Hardees Biscuits and Gravy , Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuits.......and of course we got a (6) Pack of Cinnamon and Raisin Biscuits for the Ride over the CBBT to see Family during the Day We decided the Mid-Day Session was out as Forecast for Mid-Day was the same as the AM!

Visited Relatives and friends for short hops at each in Chesapeake and Va. Beach...........headed back over and was in the H2O by 4:30 PM.........what a difference!!!!!! Winds outta the SE and LOW!!! Almost Back Bay conditions...........bite turned on just at Sun-Set with a guy coming by us from Winston Salem NC with a nice fish.......looked to be at least a 48 In......and FAT!

We headed to the end of the Southern Set of Ships.......already occupied.....so we eased over to the Stakes and sat on a Pole when another Yak'r came up to his pole dropped and BANG.....he was on!!! He JUST got there! Then another.......and another.....and another. 12 Yak's up and down the Stakes.......Hook-ups coming from all up and down! It's on! Wife and I are Workin' it.......set my Rod in the Holder for a sec in Free spool with the clicker on.....no sooner than I set it down.......zip-zip......picked it up set the hook and it was on!!! Told my Wife to keep Fishing and not to follow me as I was towed down Current. REALLY wanted her to get a KEEPER Fish this Year!!! Got my Sleigh Ride, fought her around for (2) good runs this way and that way......leader'd her up and used the Double-Lip with Leg Assist Landing! She's in! One Fish in the Bag........Get back to the Stakes and coach the Wife.....She's BEAT.....I'm BEAT........HOPING to get her on 'em!!! I left my old Eel from the first fish on...........put it down and was just messin' with it down not really tryin' to get another but let the Wife get Her fish.........another 45 minutes........saw a few more caught........nibble......nibble......set the hook.....another Run-Around and Bigger Fish in the Boat..........Wife hadn't hooked-up.........so made the Decision and took the second Fish! Pulled back up on the Stakes.......first Words from the Wife....."Can we go now"??? She was beat!!! At this point we were both around 20 hrs. without sleep. Time to call it!!!

Headed in.....took pics.......packed-up.........ride home..........27-1/2 Hr. COMMANDO Kipto-Trip '09!

Kipto Sunrise
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'08 Lookin' from the ships to "the Stakes"

'08 46-1/2 in. & 40 Lbs. before the Hobie Outback ;)

KAYak headin' towards the stakes '09

The "Pay-Off" '09

Last edited by WURK2FISH on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:44 pm

sounds like a good trip to go on
Back to top Go down
capt. camo

capt. camo

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:28 pm

This looks like it has to go on the" must do" list!
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:02 pm

so how long til kipto?????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:17 pm

LUNCHBOX wrote:
so how long til kipto?????????????????????????

Next December.........don't worry....you'll know when I'm going!

You in this year????
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:53 pm

you know it dude,, wanna get some of those big bass on a yak :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
clamboni

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:07 am

No trips down there this spring? Probably rpime time downt here n a week or two.
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:37 pm

The Cows for some reason don't do a Spring-Run around the Ships.......but the Susquehanna Flats get's lit up!!!
Back to top Go down
clamboni

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:49 pm

WURK2FISH wrote:
The Cows for some reason don't do a Spring-Run around the Ships.......but the Susquehanna Flats get's lit up!!!

Yeah, I know the flats get hot, those fish definitely go past there, guess they're not interested in feeding.....they gotta go by the ships to get to the flats unless they hug the other shore.
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:15 pm

6-Months 'till KIPTO :bounce:
Back to top Go down
waterbug

waterbug

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:35 pm

packed and ready to go. I won't miss it this year.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Hell yeah!!!!! I'm in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
chirotrout

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Great report! I need to find some cold weather gear and get locked and loaded...BUT I WOULD LOVE to be a part of this this year. Great way to bust my kayak rockfish virginity!

Jason
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:37 pm

chirotrout wrote:
Great report! I need to find some cold weather gear and get locked and loaded...BUT I WOULD LOVE to be a part of this this year. Great way to bust my kayak rockfish virginity!

Jason

Kipto is a great trip.....but not for the faint of heart....it's COLD in December!!!

You can lose that "virginity" right here in NJ in these next few weeks....it's about to be GAME-ON!!!

Some Yakr's are already finding Striped-ones in the Back ;)

Back to top Go down
mullet miller
Admin
mullet miller

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I've got time off the first week of December, and I'm holding on to two personal holidays at work, just in case....Let's see what happens after Turkey Day..
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Just RE-Read my own Post......NOW I'm Psyched!!! Very Happy

Gettin' towards that time again!!!
Back to top Go down
mullet miller
Admin
mullet miller

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:57 pm

WURK2FISH wrote:

keep me posted!
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 pm

mullet miller wrote:
WURK2FISH wrote:

keep me posted!

I'll HOLLER cheers
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:10 pm

PS....It AIN'T (((OVER))) HERE just YET!!!

Tomorrow Night across the High......under a Bridge somewhere in South Jersey Cool
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:37 pm

WURK2FISH wrote:

Tomorrow Night across the High......under a Bridge somewhere in South Jersey Cool

I think you and I might bump into each other Mike. LOL Rock On
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
mullet miller
Admin
mullet miller

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:58 am

WURK2FISH wrote:

we'll be to the north of ya some, Surf until the boy gets a money fish (hopefully tonight!)
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm heading out to catch "Fish in a Barrel" at Beezleys.....if ya'll are North of there....

I'd say either around LBI or Monmouth Beach ya'll will be God Luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips   "NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips Empty

Back to top Go down

"NOT SO LOCAL" December Trips
Page 1 of 1