Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Share | 

Cape May Toggin 12/03/2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin

PostSubject: Cape May Toggin 12/03/2011   Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:46 am

I launched at 6:45am and went straight out front to see what the birdie situation was like. I even took the new seeing eye dogs! I had a bass on at approx 30" but he didn't make it to the yak. I trolled approx 2-3 miles into Wildwood Crest looking for birds or action. I didn't see any, so I decided to head for the jetty and do some Toggin.

Once at the jetty I could see Gannets diving and birds starting a bit further than I just was. With the tide coming in I wasn't sure which way the fish were going to go so I decided to give them the finger over going all the way back.

There were 8 boats on the south jetty and they were steady reelin Tog. I saw one come in well over the 20" mark! I was in the Torque and never needed an anchor before, but today it was a must. Without one, I just spun in circles and got snagged like crazy. I managed a couple of keeper Tog which I CPR'd and headed in.

Team JCKF

2013 Pro Staff Affiliations
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com

Cape May Toggin 12/03/2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1