Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skipjack

Skipjack

Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) Empty
PostSubject: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:34 am

Well....

I've updated the list for the North-East.

Tell me if I am missing anything or if you have any comments. Look under "North-East Regions"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 am

Looks good....few on there we'll never see from a Yak. Maybe Croaker & Trigger Fish??? They were prominent this past year for the backwater guys as well!

Last edited by WURK2FISH on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skipjack

Skipjack

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:53 am

I've heard that....

But, those species can be exploited which we try to steer away from. We want to put in as many species as possible but also want to make it challenging to score points as well.

The idea is to get kayakers to catch new things they have never caught before. Reward the die hards... you know?

I was even thinking tilefish! Think about how challenging that would be
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:24 pm

I like your thinking Skipjack.

It's like an experience scavenger hunt. Personally,
I haven't caught a Tile yet. The available points would
get my butt in gear! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:29 pm

SJ Fish Whisperer wrote:
I like your thinking Skipjack.

It's like an experience scavenger hunt. Personally,
I haven't caught a Tile yet. The available points would
get my butt in gear! cheers

Better get a "Mothership"......Tiles are in 300-500 Ft. 40 to 100 miles out.......I DON'T THINK I'LL be targeting Tiles from a Yak! That's kinda why I was asking for Yak'able fish like Croaker and Triggers......Backwater Fish ;)
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

ok ,, all we got to do now is go catch em ,, and start rackin up points :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:11 am

Didn't know the Tiles were that far out. My knowledge is
limited to the 5 fathom line. Maybe I can talk a friend of mine
into mothershipping us out there one day for fun.
As for the KayakWars though, seems a bit challenging.
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:44 am

SJ Fish Whisperer wrote:
Didn't know the Tiles were that far out. My knowledge is
limited to the 5 fathom line. Maybe I can talk a friend of mine
into mothershipping us out there one day for fun.
As for the KayakWars though, seems a bit challenging.

If we're goin' THAT FAR....TUNA as well cheers
Back to top Go down
Skipjack

Skipjack

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Oh....

For some reason I thought you guys had 300 foot of water within 5 miles.

Guess tiles aren't on the list then.

Does the same go for Cod and Haddock?
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:38 pm

yes we have to go about 50+ miles,, as for 300ft of water,,about 35 to 50 miles :shock: :shock: :shock:
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Hey! Shouldn't you be working now? 🤡 LUNCHBOX 🤡
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:56 pm

whats your point????????
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 pm

thats why im the BOSS ,,,, and i have a laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Skipjack wrote:
Oh....

For some reason I thought you guys had 300 foot of water within 5 miles.

Guess tiles aren't on the list then.

Does the same go for Cod and Haddock?

Yup....you've got 7 Species on our "Target List" that we're probably not ever gonna see here in NJ ;) Unless of course by a Fluke of Fishin' Nature.
Back to top Go down
Skipjack

Skipjack

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:24 pm

WURK2FISH wrote:

Yup....you've got 7 Species on our "Target List" that we're probably not ever gonna see here in NJ ;) Unless of course by a Fluke of Fishin' Nature.

Hmmm? You guys definitely have a limited fishery up there.

According to this at least.

So, IF we put croaker on the list what would be a respectable croaker? 14 inches seems large but its do-able.

And what's a trigger fish? Do you have another name for that? Scup or Porgy maybe?
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Skipjack wrote:
WURK2FISH wrote:

Hmmm? You guys definitely have a limited fishery up there.

According to this at least.

So, IF we put croaker on the list what would be a respectable croaker? 14 inches seems large but its do-able.

And what's a trigger fish? Do you have another name for that? Scup or Porgy maybe?

Yes.....we got it bad up here ;)

You can leave the list as is unless there is a limit to the species number we can have.........Amberjack & grouper......doubt we'll ever see either of these........there's a shot at Cobia.......and possibly a King Mackerel around Cape May in the late Summer with live bait if the water is warm........just to give us a few more Kayakble Fish.....a Croaker would be respectable in the back @ 12-14 inches.

And a Trigger is a Trigger.....and my wife caught an 8 in. Porgy this past summer.

Maybe some of the rest of the Team ought to get in on Species suggestions....I'm kinda' harpin' here.....but I just want to try and get what we run into on the list as best as possible :lol:

Thanks Skipjack for your patience!!!
Back to top Go down
Skipjack

Skipjack

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 pm

We will probably add these because it's such a limited list for you guys and want you guys to stay in the game.

Keep in mind you guys aren't competing against Florida and Texas. You will be scored in your own region. Different fisheries ya know? But to gain kayak man points it's all about variety and size of fish that get you the chance at winning a kayak etc.

However, if we feel like the other species are being exploited we may pull em out.

Do you think croaker and triggers will be exploited?
Back to top Go down
Skipjack

Skipjack

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Also, I really appreciate the feedback. Without it kayak wars sucks. It's been so fun because people make it fun by helping us make it fit everybody
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:38 am

Skipjack wrote:
We will probably add these because it's such a limited list for you guys and want you guys to stay in the game.

Keep in mind you guys aren't competing against Florida and Texas. You will be scored in your own region. Different fisheries ya know? But to gain kayak man points it's all about variety and size of fish that get you the chance at winning a kayak etc.

However, if we feel like the other species are being exploited we may pull em out.

Do you think croaker and triggers will be exploited?

Cool.......and no....I don't think either of the two will be exploited. Both are not the easiest fish to find and are only around for about a month when they come in.
Back to top Go down
Skipjack

Skipjack

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Is 13 inches too big for croaker?
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 pm

thats about right for a croaker,,x2 on what wurk2fish has said :affraid: :affraid: lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
WURK2FISH

WURK2FISH

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Skipjack wrote:
Is 13 inches too big for croaker?

13 is good!
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:49 pm

The list looks good. I like the point system as well.

Now we need the weather, and I need an arm!

UGH! C'mon spring :bounce: C'mon spring :bounce: C'mon spring :bounce:
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:34 pm

hey fish whimper,, you need more than an arm,,,what was that from the wizard of oz if i only had a brain,heart ,,courage,,something ,,, lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:09 pm

it's on caddywhompass cherry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)   Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars) Empty

Back to top Go down

Species List for the North-East (Kayak Wars)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next