Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AnglingAddict

AnglingAddict

Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 Empty
PostSubject: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170   Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:15 pm

What do you guys think of this fishfinder? Need to put one on my yak, saw it at Dicks and it was 99.99. Pretty cheap, some guys on the water that showed me there setup and they had separate finder and gps. They said they liked the gps separate other wise something about splitting screens or something couldn't hear him to well because of all the chewing tobacco he had in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170   Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:15 am

the 170 is a good , easy ,unit to use,, sererate gps is not bad either
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170   Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Separate GPS is good in case your main unit goes down or battery dies. I have a combo unit and love it. I carry a handheld GPS in my ditch bag for emergencies too.

There is no need to go nuts on fish finders. Most units will read the bottom detail and that is all you really need. I would recommend staying away from Lowrance as their parts are NOT serviceable. If you should cut your wire on accident or let your plug get corroded (which happens) you will need to pay for a whole new transducer which is $80 on average. That SUCKS when you paid $100 for the whole thing. Good companies like Humminbird will simply ship you a plug or part for under $20!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Jusanglin

PostSubject: Re: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170   Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:57 pm

I have the PirahnaMax 170 and it does just fine. It is simple to use and does a good job for me. I have the transducer installed inside the hull and it reads great. Price was an issue for me and it seems a good value for the $$
Back to top Go down
http://www.joynj.org
AnglingAddict

AnglingAddict

PostSubject: Re: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170   Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Sounds good I'll go pick that up now on to attaching transducer onto my prowler 15. I have older model with no trandsducer scupper. @justagnglin what did you use to attach scupper to hull? My google searches are coming up with Goop. Do you agree? was even thinking of making these :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jusanglin

PostSubject: Re: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170   Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm

No scupper transducer I put it inside the hull with Electricians Putty (thanks FishWhisperer) - it worked great. It is cleaner than grease and easier to move than silicone or something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joynj.org
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170   Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Use a 2" ball of "Electrician's Putty" and spread it out over the entire face of the transducer. Smash it down into the hull until 1/2 thick (or so) that's it. You're done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170   Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 Empty

Back to top Go down

Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing :: KAYAK COMMUNITY :: KAYAK FISHING GEAR-
Jump to: