Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Blake drum in the Delaware bay  The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Blake drum in the Delaware bay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
215kayak angleR

Blake drum in the Delaware bay  Empty
PostSubject: Blake drum in the Delaware bay    Blake drum in the Delaware bay  EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Hey everyone sat may 4th I recently took a trip down to lewes with a few guys and tried to get out for some drum fishing the wind was out of the east and the forecast wasn't what the NOAA forecasted as usual!! I will be making a trip bak down to the bay may 22-26 and trying to get out that week because of the full moon that week. I'm gonna camp at cape henlopen and mainly target black drum, if anyone wants to join in on the fishing let me know. The lewes river is also in the area and has good fluke and week fishing. The paddle out to the drum grounds is a half mile to 2 miles depending on where the bite is. Hopefully this year I can get a bay boomer, I have solid numbers all we need is good weather
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Blake drum in the Delaware bay    Blake drum in the Delaware bay  EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Good luck out there! I might be able to join in one day. I'll meet you out there as I will launch from Cape May. Either a Mothership or my Torqeedo. I'd advise you to take a small Danforth anchor with you. Full moon current in the Bay is a hell of a lot of current. Ask Seaflea!

As we get closer, we can talk more. We are trying to put a dozen guys together for motherdhip trips now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
215kayak angleR

PostSubject: Re: Blake drum in the Delaware bay    Blake drum in the Delaware bay  EmptyTue May 07, 2013 3:06 am

I fish the bay often both delaware n chesapeake it sure as hell rips I use a 15lb boat ancor, I have no problems holdin bottom!! Yey I'm gonna fish the delaware side have solid #s from an old captain I did some work for.. I'm gonna camp hopefully for as many days as it takes to get one.. Let me know I try n keep it small when I fish 12 guys is a little to much for me.. I'm hoping to get one before this trip up in great bay and save myself the trip and fuel.. I ve been fishing up therre and have seeeen some boats scoring nice catches of drum n striper within a half mile paddle.. Just need that 2 day window for the wind and water to cooperate.. I will keep in touch chris..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blake drum in the Delaware bay    Blake drum in the Delaware bay  Empty

Back to top Go down

Blake drum in the Delaware bay
Page 1 of 1