Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Jamboree Announcement and General Info The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Jamboree Announcement and General Info

Go down 
+5
SeaFlea
JKay
ArtieW
herder
SJ Fish Whisperer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

Jamboree Announcement and General Info Empty
PostSubject: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing & The Kayak Fishing Store
Present the 5th Annual Cape May Kayak Fishing Jamboree for NJ Chapter of Heroes on the Water
The 5th Annual Cape May Kayak Fishing Jamboree is slated for Friday, 10/24/14 through Sunday, 10/26/14. In the strictest of terms, this event is not a tournament. It’s a gathering of friends for the camaraderie found within this sport. We leave the formalities out. For this reason, we use a Jamboree (whatever/whenever/however) format. Entry fee has been set at $50.00 per person and 100% of the profits will be donated to the NJ Chapter of Heroes on the Water. Full details and Sign up can be found at www.jerseycapekayakfishing.net

A NON-mandatory meet and greet will be held on Friday, October 23, 2013 at 6pm, at the Lake Laurie Campground (Event Headquarters) located in Erma, NJ.

For bragging rights, and for those with a competitive spirit, we will be having some prizes and a few Calcutta’s. Target species will be Striped Bass, Weakfish, Bluefish, Fluke and Tautog. Individual species, Slam and Grand Slam categories will be created if voted on at the Capt Meeting.

Almost everyone stays at the Lake Laurie Campground. (We had the entire campground to ourselves for the last 4 years) Plenty of clean bathrooms, showers and laundry are on site. The staff there is awesome. If you weren’t there, talk to someone that was. You’ll be told not to miss it.

We are planning; kayak fishing clinics, sponsor booths, on the water kayak demos, and fresh water fishing within the tournament headquarters all through the weekend long event. Each participant will receive an event T-shirt and dinner at the banquet to be held on Saturday at 5pm.

Credit Cards are being accepted at http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com/p/JCKF/jckf.html

If you have any questions about the event<strong> it is best to reach us in the event forum above, or our Facebook Page or if you would like to become a sponsor or exhibitor, please feel free to email us at;

Charlie LaBar         bowtiekiller545@comcast.net
Chris Parson           sj.fish.whisperer@gmail.com      
Bob Miller              mullet_miller@verizon.net
Charlie Hackman    chackman@hotmail.com  
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE STORES FOR JAMBOREE INFORMATION

Fishing Hours;
Friday, October 23 at 8pm until Sat, October 24 at 5pm.
Pictures for Calcutta MUST BE IN BY 5PM!!!! There will be NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Catch, Photo and Release is recommended, but there are no penalties for keeping legal sized and in season fish.

SD cards must be in by 5pm to score your catch.

Calcutta’s;
There are 4 this year;
Striper
Weakfish
Bluefish
Tautog
These are $5 each and 100% payback. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR $$$ IN FOR THE CALCUTTA BY THE CAPTAINS MEETING YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE CALCUTTA!!! If you can not attend the Capt Meeting make sure that you email one of us and let us know which Calcutta’s you want to enter. We will enter you.

NJ Bag Limits;
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2011/maregsum11.pdf

CPR is encouraged, but not mandatory

Striped Bass (2) fish 28” and greater

Summer Fluke CLOSED

Winter Flounder CLOSED

Tautog (1) fish greater than 14”

Weakfish (1) fish greater than 13”

Bluefish (15) fish no size limit

Black Drum (3) fish greater than 16”

Red Drum (1) slot from 18”-27”

Recommended Bait info;

Clam, Green Crabs, Mullet, Spot

**Shops in this area DO NOT carry Sand Worms or Asian Crabs. You’ll need to bring your own**

Bait and Tackle;

Jersey Bait and Tackle 124 West Chestnut Avenue, North Wildwood, NJ 08260 609-522-7060. They are heavily stocked and ready for us.

Tides Fri, Sat, Sun
Nummy Island, Grassy Sound Channel, New Jersey

The Kayak Fishing Store will be open;
Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday     9am – 3pm
Saturday 6am – 2pm
Sunday   9pm – 5pm

We carry Kayak Carl TnW’s. WE DO NOT CARRY BAIT. Please go to Jersey B&T.

Lake Laurie Campground;
669 Route 9, Cape May, NJ-08204
(609)884-3567
BE SURE TO LET CAMP KNOW YOU ARE PART OF THE JCKF GROUP
http://www.sunrvresorts.com/Community/LLA

Last edited by SJ Fish Whisperer on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
herder

herder

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get to Tog Heaven.
Stocking up on corked bottles now  cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtieW

ArtieW

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:18 pm

I'm in! Now, I have to find my beer cup, so I can pilfer some of Rich's fine beers..... Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
JKay

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm in! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and doing some tog fishing!
Back to top Go down
ArtieW

ArtieW

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Okay, Seaflea and I are going to try and secure site 26. That's around where we were last year. I'll send in my registration fee tonight!
Is this where we're all setting up this year?
Artie
Back to top Go down
ArtieW

ArtieW

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:07 pm

We're in! Chal and I got site 26. I'll be down Thursday morning, and staying until Sunday. I'll probably bring beer.
Artie
Back to top Go down
SeaFlea

SeaFlea

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:31 pm

I'll be arriving on Friday. Couldn't get Thursday off - ran out of vacation days! Work sux!
Back to top Go down
ArtieW

ArtieW

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 8:36 am

We'll keep the lights on for 'ya, buddy! See you all soon.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 8:57 am

Registrations are coming in now. Looks like a good year!! Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:49 pm

bluefish to 22 inches are already in the wildwood area Paddler Line Snap Line Snap Line Snap
Back to top Go down
Darter

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:11 am

Hey guys! Are the dates in the post correct? Because my calender shows Friday as the 24th.
Back to top Go down
Yak Chum

Yak Chum

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:06 am

Darter wrote:
Hey guys! Are the dates in the post correct? Because my calender shows Friday as the 24th.

Friday is captains meeting and my Birfday.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ThePlasticHull.net
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:53 am

Darter, I messed up the dates. It is the 24th.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Credit card payments   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:27 am

Credit Cards are being accepted at http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com/p/JCKF/jckf.html
Back to top Go down
daolai

PostSubject: 1st Jamboree   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Hello everybody new to the board and just signed up for my first Cape May Jamboree.  I grew up in Philly but have moved and fish out of the Chesapeake Bay now.  I am arriving Thursday and hoping to be able to join some of you guys to do some pre-fishing and maybe some night fishing.  Looking forward to fishing new waters and making new friends.

Dao
Yellow Hobie Outback
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:00 am

Welcome Dao! Looking forward to meeting you. The fishing is really heating up here and should be very good this year!
Back to top Go down
herder

herder

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Erik and I will be in site 22, coming in on Thursday around noon.
Gonna try jigs for black's this year.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 8:26 am

Mike Jediny turned me on to jigs a while back. He makes his own and they're fantastic. They are a little light for the bridge current, but work great on the Jetties.

Good reports of Sheepshead still hanging around too!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jamboree Announcement and General Info   Jamboree Announcement and General Info Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamboree Announcement and General Info
Page 1 of 1