Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
hello all.. The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

hello all..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phillyyaker

hello all.. Empty
PostSubject: hello all..   hello all.. EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:40 pm

i'm a beginner in kayak fishing...just bought an ocean kayak prowler 13 ...didn't get a chance to get it in the water yet...i was reading all valuable advices from you guys..i really need all of your help to become a good kayak fisheman.met CHARLIE from philadelphia when i went buy the kayak from the jersy paddle show and he introduced me to this website...VERY NICE HELPFUL MAN.can any of you guys give me a location in jersy/belmar area where i can launch my kayak and some tips for me...thank you all and please post some advice for me.
Back to top Go down
NoKeepers

NoKeepers

hello all.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello all..   hello all.. EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Hello Phillyyaker ,if you've never fished or been in a kayak before i would try out some local small lakes or ponds to get a feel for your kayak , no dealing with any major currents or waves to start off. You might want to remember water temperatures right now are pretty cold, so I wouldn't venture to far without the proper gear. Good Luck and have Fun. God Luck
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

hello all.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello all..   hello all.. EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Welcome phillyyaker! Great advice NoKeepers. Spring is the most dangerous time of year for kayaking. It would be safer for you to fall in the water in Nov-Dec than to fall in Mar-Apr. The water is still dangerously cold. If you're going to go out. Make sure that you are dressed for the water temp and not the air. Proper dry suit or wader dry top combo. Also, buddy up this time of year. Save the solo trips for warmer and more familiar surroundings.

As far as launches go, Kayak Fishing Magazine has one of the best launch locators on the planet; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
phillyyaker

hello all.. Empty
PostSubject: thanks   hello all.. EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:20 am

thank u so much guys...i know...im scared to go out in this weather..just got a dry suit..i live in philly..so i want to try belamr area or some where in atlantic city/brigatine area..please let me know if any any of u guys r palnning to get out soon.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

hello all.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello all..   hello all.. EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:41 am

You're welcome! I'm on land with torn thumb tendons and a cast until next weeks Flats trip. There will be some folks signing on tonight to set up plans to fish the weekend. Try and jump in with one of them.

I would recommend starting out in the back water and branch out from there. Definitely no surf launches until the warm up. A group of guys usually hold surf launch workshops that are free and fun. We'll post them here in the next month or so.

If you have a dry suit and it fits properly, you are GOLDEN. GO NUTS! You could go swimming if you wanted to. You prob don't want to go that far though. If you do end up in the water, make sure your yak doesn't get away from you. The wind will blow it faster than you can swim. Wear your PFD and Rock n Roll!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Sponsored content

hello all.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello all..   hello all.. Empty

Back to top Go down

hello all..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing :: THE SANDBAR....WHERE YAKKERS MEET-UP :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to: