Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
new to kayak fishing The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

new to kayak fishing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phillyyaker

new to kayak fishing Empty
PostSubject: new to kayak fishing   new to kayak fishing EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:14 am

hi all ,
im new to kayak fishing...bought a prowlet trident 13...just want to know if i can use an eagle cuda fish finder to the new ocean kayak "transducer hole" set up..dont want to spent too much money on a humming bird. thank..this site is awesome and nice meeting u all good people.
Back to top Go down
OlBluesguy

OlBluesguy

Location : Wilkes-Barre Pa. crashes @ Barnagate, EHT., Ocean City

PostSubject: Re: new to kayak fishing   new to kayak fishing EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:40 am

I have a Trident 13 with an Eagle FF. Just to try it out, I took part of a pool noodle and stuffed it in the hole and taped the wire to the floor above the hole with gorrila tape. That was last year and it is still working.
I believe someone here used a threaded piece of PVC with the Transducer cemented to the bottom and a nut of sorts on the topside to tighten it down. that looks like my next project.
Back to top Go down
phillyyaker

PostSubject: Re: new to kayak fishing   new to kayak fishing EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:54 pm

thank u so much for the tip
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: new to kayak fishing   new to kayak fishing EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:08 pm

I know that Eagle/Lowrance doesn't make a scupper transducer for Ocean as Ocean and Hummingbird are both Johnson Outdoor companies. I would recommend using electric putty that you'll find in Lowes or Home Depot for $2.00. There isn't anything wrong with Eagle/Lowrance as they seem to read well. The problem is their customer service. In my opinion it SUCKS! I say SUCKS because we try to keep this board PG-13. If you should have a problem with it and your local dealer can't help, don't even pick up the phone. Throw it away.

The putty transducer install is a fairly new way to install the transducer inside the hull that tons of people are switching to. You no longer need Goop or anything that may cause bubbles and the best thing is, the putty remains pliable. You'll be able to remove it with ease. Even move it to another yak if needed.

You just need to roll the putty into a 2 inch ball and work the air out. Stick it to your transducer, reach your hand into your bow hatch (FORWARD OF YOUR MIRAGE DRIVE!!!) and smash that sucker into the hull. Once you've pressed it down good, its a good idea to squish the putty up against the sides of the transducer. Gather all of your excess wire and wire tie it to the mast inside the bow hatch.

That's it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
phillyyaker

PostSubject: Re: new to kayak fishing   new to kayak fishing EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:44 pm

thank u both OlBluesguy and SJ....AWESOME...IM GONNA TRY IT....THANKS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to kayak fishing   new to kayak fishing Empty

Back to top Go down

new to kayak fishing
Page 1 of 1