Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Barnegat Bay The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Barnegat Bay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
robmedina

robmedina

Barnegat Bay Empty
PostSubject: Barnegat Bay   Barnegat Bay EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 am

Yesterday Mike (squid lips ) and I met up in Waretown to fish for fluke. We started off at the mouth of OC. I felt a tap tap from what I thought was a flounder and then a WHAM from a 30" (estimated size) skate. I was using my light action spinning rod with 17lb fluro and a 20# leader. For the first 10 minutes I could not get the skate up off the bottom. I was worried about breaking off. after a long fisght I finally wore him out and got him to the surface. He was huge for my standards and then the reality hit- NOW WHAT?? I thought it was a stingray and was not willing to mess with that barb, so i eventually cut him loose. I told Mike and he informed me that it was a skate and that other than their skin barbs, they are harmless. Oh well- live and learn, LOL!
Mike then drifted in the same place I hooked up and hooks up as well. I filmed his battle but in the end I screwed him because I wanted to get into better light and went over the fish and it spooked him and he came off. I should have went around the other way . Sorry Mike.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Squid Lips

Squid Lips

Barnegat Bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnegat Bay   Barnegat Bay EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 pm

You didn't screw me Rob, that skate just didn't wanna get caught that day is all. Lucky for me that it was kind enough to give me the rig setup back! lol

Hey it was great paddling with ya Rob, I look forward to another trip soon. And that video came out pretty cool, you do great work...
Back to top Go down
robmedina

robmedina

Barnegat Bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnegat Bay   Barnegat Bay EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:17 pm

yeah man, I look forward to our next outing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barnegat Bay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnegat Bay   Barnegat Bay Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnegat Bay
Page 1 of 1