Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Tourney Chit Chat

Go down 
+4
yaknfool
herder
SeaFlea
SJ Fish Whisperer
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dinner Buffet Set   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 pm

We will be having Hot Roast Beef, Potato Salad, and Seafood Salad. The Seafood Salad is made up of pasta, scallops and shrimp. This is a company that we have used for many other events and everyone always raves about the food! Remember, extra dinner tickets are still available and are $12.00. PLEASE order in advance as we have a 20 meal buffer before I'll need to up the order from the caterer.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
GeorgeD

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:16 am

Hey Chris,

Who's coming on on Thursday, plan to get there mid-day.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:26 am

Hey George,

That's a good question. I know myself, Charlie LUNCHBOX, AL, Bob Miller, half the wolfpack....... Who else?
Back to top Go down
GeorgeD

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:03 am

Sounds good Chris, I have not received any confirmation form the park, I see above some of the guys seem to know there sites. Guess I should calll the park tomorrow. They are still putting us together, right?
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:12 am

As far as I know, we should just about have the place to ourselves. We will all be grouped together. Use this number for
questions about your site. 609-884-8156. I'll be there today myself booking 2 sites and checking on things.
Back to top Go down
GeorgeD

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks Chris, spoke to the park this morning at site 133.
Back to top Go down
saltflyguy

saltflyguy

PostSubject: See you Thursday   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:27 am

Looking forward to seeing you guys Thursday! Not sure of my ETA, but mid-day is a good bet. If I get there any earlier, I'll look to scout out some launch sites before getting wet.

Any word on bait movement down there yet? Looks like big peanuts are on the move in New York waters. Mullet have been moving here, too. Sadly, there hasn't been much of a Striper push yet here. All the best action seems to be in MA and RI.

To answer a previous question, I have the measuring tape permanently fixed to my paddle at this point. As for shirt size, that seems to vary from week to week. By the end of the tournament, I should be a solid XL again.

Tight Lines,

Jose
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:06 am

The bait is on the move and the fishing is warming up. I'm heading out to do some night bridge fishing with Yakman tonight.
I haven't been in the yak in a couple of weeks (damn weather), but the surf guys are really doing well.

Later on today, tomorrow latest, I'll be sending out an email packet to all participants. It will cover fishing hot spots, launches,
maps, baits, rules, dining, stores, general info, sponsor info and whatever else I could think of. Print it if you like.

For those with google Earth, I have an interactive map of the area for anyone that would like a copy.

It'll be good to see everyone again. 8 days til Thurs!!!

Remember to bring any fishing DVD's that you would like to share. We're bringing the flat screen!
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:10 am

It looks like someone is having a birthday tourney weekend. With that many candles we had better put the Forestry Service on standby and bring in Smokey the Bear to supervise! Nugget Kick Line Snap
Back to top Go down
herder

herder

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Well, loading up now, hope to get down there before the weather and setup.
I might even have to bring a few beers cheers
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: TOURNAMENT HOURS AMENDED   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm

As we all know, the weather is going to beat us up this weekend. We are planning to open the hours up and
make the tournament a multi-day event. Fishing will be allowed from 7pm Friday until Noon on Sunday. This
will give us late Saturday and early Sunday to fish and any opportunity THAT IS SAFE.

The Banquet and raffles WILL BE HELD AS PLANNED on Saturday at 5pm at the campground rec center.

Sunday, winners will be announced and awarded at 1pm.

Questions or comments;

Charlie LaBar (LUNCHBOX)215-2056763

Chris Parson 609-827-9249
Back to top Go down
JKay

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks for the update Chris. Sounds like a plan. I haven't decided if I'll drive down mid-day tomorrow (Fri) or first thing Sat morning. Any issue if I drive down on Sat morning and miss the Captain's meeting?
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:11 pm

The Captains Meeting is not mandatory due to the weather. Capt Bags contain the rules as does this site.
Please read them, or get them from me or Charlie at the campground.
Back to top Go down
JKay

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Guys, I have to very reluctantly bow out. Aargh Unfortunately, with the wind, waves and narrow window that I'd have to fish, it's hard to justify the ride and missing family activities on Saturday. Tough decision because I've really been looking forward to this.

Chris, thanks a bunch for all your hard work for this event. Truly appreciated!

Have fun out there and above all BE SAFE!!
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:30 pm

We understand John. Right now we have about 20 of us huddled up in the campground just goofing off.
Last night we enjoyed a few beers, traded stories and laughed our butts off.

As long as there is a small craft advisory, our insurance and Casting for Recovery will not allow anyone to launch
and understandably so. We're looking at fishing late Saturday and Sunday at this point. Trying to roll with the
punches I guess.

I'll enter you in the door prizes with everyone else and I will get your Capt Bag to you. We'll catch up after
all of the craziness dies down.

Damn Weather Smile
Back to top Go down
GeorgeD

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Chris,

Looks like I am not going to make it either with the wind forcast for tomorrow it is to long of a trip to take the chance. I can't fish on Sunday daughters birthday.

George
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Chit Chat   Tourney Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tourney Chit Chat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2