Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
Finished my winter project! The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

Finished my winter project!

Go down 
+2
LUNCHBOX
tmtfield
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tmtfield

tmtfield

Finished my winter project! Empty
PostSubject: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:26 pm

I had some time to kill over the winter and decided on a project for my Tarpon 120. I wanted a place to keep an occasion keeper but did not like the idea of the catch bags. I also wanted to get my kayak crate out of the water that always lies in my tank well. In searching the internet, I saw how Kayak Kevin elevated his crate on rods and this gave me an IDEA Very Happy

That got me thinking about fabricating an insulated cover that would hold my crate and turn my tankwell into a cooler/dry storage. I fabricated the Catch Hatch from 4mm MDF, fiberglass, and 4 cans of Great Stuff Expanding foam. The crante is mounted on 14" full extension drawer slides. This allows me to slide the crate back to gain access to the lid, but slide it forward for easy reach of my crate contents. All of this mounts to existing mounting points which means no new holes in the YAK. The cover an hardware came out just over 10 pounds, so we will see if the work and the weight was worth the effort.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LUNCHBOX
Admin
LUNCHBOX

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:25 pm

very nice work ,,, you should mass produce them Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clamboni

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:29 am

LUNCHBOX wrote:
very nice work ,,, you should mass produce them Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
You really should, as long as you can do it without putting too much time into them. you'd sell a bunch of them I bet.

Very nice... cheers
Back to top Go down
tmtfield

tmtfield

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:51 pm

clamboni wrote:
LUNCHBOX wrote:
You really should, as long as you can do it without putting too much time into them. you'd sell a bunch of them I bet.

Very nice... cheers

Thanks Gents!
I appreciate the kind comments

I am looking to get out this weekend. I will see how it works then start looking to do another one. Maybe this one will be for another brand Yak

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
rubone47

rubone47

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:24 pm

I could get in trouble with cooler like that LOL!!!!! VERY NICE WORK
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MUDDUCKS47?feature=guide
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:16 am

Excellent work!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
PrecisionSurfTackle

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:19 am

That is some top notch work there
Back to top Go down
tmtfield

tmtfield

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:57 pm

thanks again!!

I figure that if I don't find the fish, it should hold at least a case of your elixir of choice Fish Boot
Back to top Go down
rubone47

rubone47

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 pm

You put a case in there your going to have alot of friends
Back to top Go down
tmtfield

tmtfield

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:04 pm

rubone47 wrote:
You put a case in there your going to have alot of friends

HMMMM

Better add some floatation.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rubone47

rubone47

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 pm

OK IM IN ILL BRING THE ICE (FRIEND)
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 pm

LMFAO!!!! That's funny as hell!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finished my winter project!   Finished my winter project! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finished my winter project!
Page 1 of 1