Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing

A SOUTHERN NJ FORUM FOR LOCAL KAYAK FISHING AND INFO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The Kayak Fishing Store ..........501 Ocean Drive, North Wildwood, NJ......... The largest selection of accessories in Southern NJ!!!!!!! ......................www.TheKayakFishingStore.com ..............609.522.5969.....................
The Kayak Fishing Store
CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 The-ka11
JCKF Traffic Admin
Certified Site

Website Builder

CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 Empty
PostSubject: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 am

Dear Anglers,

Jersey Cape Kayak Fishing would like to announce that we have set the date for the 1st Annual Cape May Kayak Fishing Tournament for Saturday, October 16, 2010. This charity event will raise money for Casting for Recovery. Links will be posted to our site in the very near future to assist those involved in their heroic efforts with this fine charity.

A Captain’s meeting will be held on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 6pm, at the Lake Laurie Campground (Tournament Headquarters) located in Erma, NJ. We are in the planning stages of adding; kayak fishing clinics, sponsor booths, on the water kayak demos, and fresh water fishing within the tournament headquarters all through the weekend long event. Each participant will receive an event T-shirt and dinner at the award ceremony to be held on Saturday at 5pm. The first 50 to register will receive a Captain’s Bag. There will also be door prizes and raffles. With the help of our sponsors, supporters, and volunteers, we can help make a difference in the lives of the many people that this charity works so hard to assist in their time of need. Enclosed is sponsorship information to become a sponsor and/or a participant for these great causes. We are also in need volunteers, and prize donations for one or more of the following: tournament winners, raffles, and captain’s bags. If you can help out with any of these, it would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions about the event, please feel free to email or call us at; Chris (609)827-9249 or Charlie (215)205-6763. We appreciate your time and considerations in helping us raise money and awareness for Casting for Recovery.

For additional information please see www.jckf.net

Last edited by SJ Fish Whisperer on Tue May 17, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekayakfishingstore.com
Foxy Fisher

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:35 am

This is awesome and I thank you for the fund raising opportunity for Casting For Recovery!

Dee
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Get:Outdoors Video by Spencer Cooke

Great video by Spencer Cooke at Immersion Research. Tells the Heroes on the Water story well.
Great pics and video of a really great event.

Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 pm

A website has been designed for the Nor'east Coast Kayak Fishing Series.
This site will update all info on events and competitor point standings. We
will also be using our site for our home tournament.

http://www.eckfs.com/
Back to top Go down
SeaFlea

SeaFlea

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey Whisperer...

What's the entry fee for this event???
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:13 pm

We're looking at it a few ways. Raising $$$ for the charities is the main goal.
We are thinking 50 to 60 so that we can get everyone fed and in a T-Shirt.
Hopefully raising 35 per person for the charities. Our only real expenses
are the T-shirts, Caterer and Insurance. Advertising will all be done on trades.

Reg will open July 1st and we will have it all straight by then.
Back to top Go down
SeaFlea

SeaFlea

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:17 am

CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 Thumb2
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:36 am

I received a call from the campground about keeping everyone together for the tournament.
Registration opens July 1st, and people are already booking sites at the campsite. This
is shaping up to be a hell of an inaugural event.
Back to top Go down
saltflyguy

saltflyguy

PostSubject: Tourney Registration Today?   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi Chris,

This old dog's eyes may be failing, but I don't see a registration link up yet. Should I go back to sleep and check again tomorrow? Also, I think I'm due another 6pts on the chart at www.eckfs.com for placing third in the fly division at JBay....ahem.

Looking forward to seeing you on the water soon in New Rochelle (my home waters).

Tight lines,

Jose
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Hey Jose,

How has your summer been so far? Registration will open approx a week late. I have been
waiting on a few sponsors. I missed your score at JBAY, my bad Oops

I'll hit you by email early next week. Have a great 4th and I'll see you in New Rochelle!
Back to top Go down
GeorgeD

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Chris

Booked a campsite at Lake Laurie Campground Thursday thru Sunday will be able to lend a hand if need be.

The reservationist I spoke with did not know about the tournament so don't know where I will be.

Reviews are generally negative so would like to camp with the group.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:21 am

Yeah, the reviews weren't good at all. These people took it over and are doing their best. The campground is going to group us all together. Oct is when things slow down around here tourist wise. We should have the place to ourselves.
Back to top Go down
SJ Fish Whisperer
Admin
SJ Fish Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:52 pm

I just left Lake Laurie Campground. I wanted to get a first hand feel for the place after some of the reviews I've read. The new management there has done a great job with the place. I was taken on a golf cart tour of the entire facility. It is HUGE! The staff was cool and the meeting hall for the awards are in doors and will house hundreds! Camp sites have elec to boot. $30.00 per night. Many of us are there Thurs thru Sun.

Use (609)884-8156 for reservations and say that you are with JCKF Kayak Tournament. They are going to group us all in one area and we can flop next to whomever we like.

The pool will be closed, but I think we all dodged seeing Lunchbox in his Speedo. :silly:
Back to top Go down
GeorgeD

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:13 pm

I used the "Lake Laurie web page (609 884 3567) for my reservation. I think (hope) that site handles all of the Morgan Resort locations, maybe thats why the clerk did not know about the tournament. Will call the number you posted Chris and make sure I'am with the group.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010   CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

CAPE MAY KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR CHARITY ANNOUNCEMENT 2010
Page 1 of 1